BUT YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE FIRE
A SYMPHONY OF MAYHEM, PEOPLE LEAPING FROM WINDOWS LIKE LIGHTNING BOLTS
....................................................

Monday, September 20, 2010

hmm...ok, do critics get harsher or am i just imagining things?

becos i used to post on yahoo answers and i had like these really amateurish photos and they were pretty nice about it. a lot of them didn't answer but they were like hey, for what it's worth, good job. but i look back and i think those pictures are terrible!! haha. so i totally see where they were coming from if they said there was a lot wrong with them. it's like being totally blind to your own mistakes. i look back and i think with an analytic kind of outsider's view and think hah it sucks. but it's only after a while do i stop thinking about it in terms of my own work. "work" haha. it's like looking at pictures of you - school pictures, say. you might hate it but i look back at my 8th grade photos which i totally HATED back then and i think they're cute! they may not be perfect but they are nice! whoever i couldn't see that back then.

anyways, my point is, that people are like "yeah, it's a pretty picture, but WHAT'S THE POINT?" excuse me? what's the point? I WORKED SO HARD FOR THE "PRETTY PICTURE." I don't have time or patience or SKILL to actually give my pictures a point yet!! I'm not at that level!! As long as the picture isn't hideous, I'm satisfied! Ahaha, well, for now. You know. So I guess i *could* take it as a compliment, a challenge, that type of thing. I wonder if it's improvement if I look at my old photos that I used to really like and think "What was I thinking, why the hell did I like this?!" A year ago, a month ago, maybe even last week. Hopefully that means...my sense of style is improving?

I think that a lot of people view photography as an intro-to-arts type of art because it's so easy and accessible just to pick up a damn camera and start shooting. And the "real" (cough, cough) photographers get angry because their art is too dispersed. But honestly I think photography is SO subjective...maybe less than other types of art, perhaps. Well, if you ask any "professional" with a penchant for speaking their mind and being bitter, they'll probably give you tons of different opinions than what your friends will give you. because people i know IRL will tell me much different things about a really bad photo than someone online will. Much different. But then again maybe they are focusing on different things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Leave a message. I'll love you for it =)